Multi-faith Veterans Initiative
The Multi-Faith Veteran Initiative, housed at DePaul University’s Egan Office for Urban Education & Community Partnerships (UECP) at the Steans Center, works to develop leadership, build capacity and create community circles within faith-based organizations to support veterans transitioning from military service.
The Project seeks to:
- Integrate faith-based organizations and houses of worship into local networks of social service providers.
- Raise awareness about community resources for Veterans and their families
- Equip train and support those who are actively involved with faith-based and community – based organizations, to assist them in broadening the spectrum of local services for Veterans and their families within their respective communities.
- Promote the active role of Veterans as valuable community assets.
- Contribute to maximizing the use of resources and services currently available for Veterans and their families.
- Veterans Read: Veterans Read partners with Egan Schools to engage veterans, assist 3rd and 4th grade students in reading fluency and provide students with consistent mentorship.
- MVI Women's Wellness project: The Women's Wellness project engages female veterans transitioning from military service through community circles. These circles provide a platform for female veterans to connect with one another, creating a peer support group.
MVI Community PartnersA Just Harvest
Jesus Name Apostolic Church
JIC Community Development Corporation
Arthur Lockhart Resource Institute
Mt. Carmel Baptist Church
Church of the Good Shepherd
Atonement Covenant Church
Christ Universal Temple